A note from the directors...
Thank you for your interest in attending our fourth Cirque du Soleil Entertainment and Technology Symposium at Chapman University. Our one-of-a-kind educational partnership that includes both dance and technology with Cirque du Soleil began in 2011. Cirque du Soleil shares our vision for a progressive pedagogy that empowers students with the necessary skills to be successful innovative and collaborative artists. Together, we wanted to create this educational event that would serve to promote collaboration among performers and technical students. Since its inception in 2011, our partnership has grown into multiple events and opportunities for our students, faculty, staff, administrators, trustees, and community. We have held three symposiums at Chapman and four private symposiums at the Cirque du Soleil Resident Shows Division headquarters and training facilities in Las Vegas, NV. This coming Fall 2017, we will be producing our fourth symposium at Chapman University celebrating seven years of our one-of-a-kind educational partnership.
We are so grateful to Cirque du Soleil for their continued partnership and support. To date:
· 1 technical student has been awarded an internship at The Beatle’s LOVE at the Mirage
· 1 technical student has been awarded an internship at Zarkana at Aria
· 1 technical student has been awarded an internship for O at the Bellagio
· 1 technical student has been awarded an internship for Mystere at Treasure Island
· 1 technical student has been awarded an internship with their Resident Show Division headquarters in Las Vegas, NV
· 9 dancers have auditioned and been accepted into the Cirque du Soleil database for current shows and future creations
· 2 dancers have received contracts to perform in the Beatle’s LOVE at the Mirage
· Mike Lee, Technical Theatre ’13, has received a full-time contract with industry partner TAIT
· Allison Burke, BA Dance ’14, has received a full-time contract and is currently dancing in the Beatle’s LOVE at the Mirage.
Check out her success story:
We are so proud of them all and look forward to many more success stories.
Please check back as updates will continually be posted up until the date of the event.
We hope to see you there!
Don and Alicia
Alicia Guy, Associate Professor of Dance
Don Guy, Associate Professor of Entertainment Technology